Process / Power Plants
DIVERSITY OF WORK
Engineering Services in PLANT DESIGN:
Conceptia Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore’s is an ISO 9001-2000 Engineering & Consultancy organization providing end to end solutions for Detailed Engineering Design services related to Piping Engineering by the use of world class hardware and state of art software tools. The young and dedicated team of engineering professionals with proven track record forms an engineering hub for meeting out the variances of client requirements with greater degree of accuracy complying with desired international standards and governing codes of acceptance.
Piping Design & Engineering
Both new piping systems design and modifications to existing systems
can be carried out by Conceptia. Equipment selection to satisfy the
intended purposes can be a part of the new system design. We keep in
mind the existing equipment while designing modifications to
existing systems. Piping systems design can also be enlarged in
scope to providing a complete turnkey solution in which Conceptia
handles system schematics, P&Is, equipment selection and procurement
as well as detailed engineering of the system and dove tail with the
The services and technical support of Conceptia is catered to the following major domains
- Equipment Design Engineering Capabilities
- Process Piping Design Engineering Services
- Extraction of Reports
- Project Management
- Production Support
Conceptia extends its widespread services to wide diversities of Marine, Process and Power plant industries including
- Oil & Gas
- Chemicals & Petro-Chemical Process Plants
- Power Plants
- Cement Processing Plants
- Bulk-drug Pharmaceutical Process Plants
- Off-shore & On-shore Marine structures
The Basic Engineering will be carried out as per the guidelines
set by the customer and Govt. statutory bodies, laws, by-laws or
Acts specified taking necessary approvals and permissions from
the statutory bodies, preparing cost estimates, technical
specification and for evaluation of bids and ensuring quality of
procurement items and workmanship of construction in line with
sound established and safe engineering practices, standards and
codes, completing the project as per the terms and conditions of
the contract and to the satisfaction of the customer and
commissioning the project within the agreed time schedule.
Front End Engineering Design (FEED)
Design of the process together with its control and automation,
safety, environmental and other systems will encompass process
design and analysis, conceptual design and basic engineering
phases of the project life cycle. The layout & installation
should provide optimum space for further expansion in terms of
plant storage and operating capacity. The Basic Engineering &
FEED data will be submitted to the customer with Project cost
estimation & Plant layout for approval. All the drawings shall
preferably be finalised by us during Basic Engineering & FEED
except for what will be prepared during Detailed Engineering
phase (viz. fabrication drawings, construction drawings
foundation, steel frame, construction drawings for electrical
equipment, instrumentation and piping, vents/drains, Hook ups,
Loops, vendor data etc.).
- Formulation of design philosophy, and approval from
- Preparation of drawings as per Basic Engineering & FEED
requirement, defining major equipment, giving the layout of
equipment with sections and elevations, wherever necessary for
equipment engineering as per the statutory guidelines followed
in upstream oil industry.
- Define scope and finalize engineering specifications based
on process data sheets for all static and rotary equipment.
- Provide specifications / standards for all equipment and
machinery to be procured as part of turnkey supply considering
system and statutory requirements.
- Finalize agreed specification / standards for
equipment/machinery to be incorporated in the contract of
turnkey supplier in consultation with the customer.
- Review/approval of drawings/documents of turnkey supplier
during execution as necessary.
Mechanical & Piping
- Provision of information regarding applicable codes /
standards for pipe classification.
- Stress analysis as required for critical piping.
- Design of all equipment like Vessels, Tanks, dehydrators,
Heat Exchangers. Pumps and engines, instrumentation control and
monitoring, electrics and illumination and steam generation and
distribution etc. required for the proposed system.
- Selection of electrical and instrument items along with
requisite specifications as per OMR, Indian Electricity Rules,
OISD and DGMS guidelines.
- Preparation of General Layout Plan includes Plot Plan for
the plant with position dimensions of the major
equipment/systems as per provisions of the Mines Act and OISD
and DGMS guidelines.
- Preparation of detailed technical specifications including
data sheets, tender drawings, basic layout, estimated quantities
of execution for various contracts including civil, structural,
equipment, piping, electrical, instrumentation as required for
the process and statutory guidelines.
- Provision of final agreed specification/standards for piping
engineering to be incorporated in contract of turnkey plant
supplier in consultation with the customer.
- Review/approval of drawing/documents of turnkey plant
supplier during execution as necessary with respect to
engineering performed and statutory requirement.
- Preparation of design basis report as per requirements of
the system and statutory requirements e.g. OMR, CMRI, DGMS,
Indian Electricity rules and OISD.
- Preparation of single line diagrams and typical control
- Preparation of area classifications drawings.
- Preparation of cathodic protection system for crude storage
tanks and pipings, cable tray/trench and earthing layouts.
- Preparation of illumination layout drawings.
- Preparation of typical installation drawings for
installation, earthing and lighting fixtures.
- Preparation of technical specifications/data sheets for all
- Review of vendor's/contractor's generated drawings.
- Equipment layout drawings and equipment, mounting and
- Special alarm for substation equipment, drive motors,
lighting fittings, motor control centers, security alarm at gate
- Specify applicable codes / standards for electrical supplies
- Technical appraisal of bids for all electrical items and
concepts in turnkey bids in consultation with the customer.
- Provision of final agreed specifications / standards for all
electrical supplies, erection to be incorporated in the contract
for turnkey plant.
- Preparation of controls & instrumentation system design
philosophy as per statutory requirements of OMR, DGMS, OISD and
other Govt. laws and by-laws.
- Selection of Instrumentation & Control System for the
- Tank Farm Management System
- Flow Metering System
- Water-in-oil Monitor
- Motorized Valve
- Bath Heaters
- Emulsion Treaters
- Separator Vessels etc.
- Steam boilers
- Crude Oil Despatch Pumps
- Effluent Treatment Plant with recycling facility
- Lease Automated Custody Transfer (LACT) system
- Preparation of interlocks and protection specs.
- Preparation of control system scheme.
- Preparation of measurement loop diagrams.
- Preparation of instruments index and specifications for
field instruments and accessories.
- Preparation of control room layout and control panel GA
- Designing of electronic mimic panel, surveillance camera and
- Calculation of total electrical load for Instrumentation
systems and design of suitable UPS.
- Preparation of technical specifications/data sheets for all
equipment and review/approval of vendor's contractor’s design
documents, if any.
- Preparation of instrument layout drawings, cable schedule,
and interconnection diagrams.
- Preparation of instrument installation standards and
Civil & Structural
- Detailed soil investigation and all test report including
soil characteristics, ground water table level, safe bearing
capacity and recommended type of foundations for various types
of structures proposed for the project considering the all
relevant codes. Soil Liquefaction effect at earthquake motion
considering all relevant provision of BIS codes shall be
studied, analysed and furnished with recommendation for
structural safety. Topographical survey shall be made and
detailed contour map will be prepared for the site. This contour
map to be used as a reference map for earth work, finalization
of finished ground level, layout of various structures etc.
- Economical planning of layout of all the facilities proposed
considering serviceability, utility and safety.
- Development of design criteria for all civil, structural and
- Detailed Planning, analysis, and design of all the
structures, facilities, various foundations including offices,
sheds and control room, Overhead water tanks etc. as per
relevant BIS Codes and National Building Code. The necessary
static and dynamic loading shall be obtained from different
vendors or generated wherever required as a basic data for civil
& structural design including different types of foundations.
Where BIS codes are not sufficient, we may refer to the American
Petroleum Institute (API) Standard.
- Design of pavements, Potable water supply system and
efficient drainage system.
- Concept or preliminary design of various structures such as
building, industrial shed, tank foundation etc. are required to
be done as per state of the art and relevant BIS code.
- Detailed analysis & design as per relevant BIS codes on
approval of concept design.
- In addition to the normal foundations we shall separately
suggest base Isolation for Oil Storage tanks with their cost
3D Plant Modeling
Presentation of computer animated 3D Walkthrough model to customer
based on process flow concept as per Basic Engineering & FEED, for
design visualization of entire plant layout including milestones and
operations of the units with focus on critical processes.
P&I Diagrams & PFDs
Apart from the above all encompassing scope of work, customers may
also benefit from part work such as preparation of Process
schematics, Process & instrumentation diagrams and Process Flow
diagrams with approval from statutory and government bodies.
Conceptia can be of help to plant owners for procuring equipment and
fittings that form part of a new plant design or an existing plant
modernization / modification.